THIS OCTOBER THERE'LL BE LOTS OF OPPORTUNITES TO SPEND MONEY TO
PROMOTE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS
backpacks, bird seed, coffee cups, cosmetics, lapel pins, rubber duckies
BCRC WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE ANOTHER OPTION
Sign up for BCRC's Locally Pink Campaign, turn awareness into action, and transform "pink purchasing" into direct donations by leveraging your social network to provide concrete services for women in our community diagnosed with breast cancer.
Locally Pink is an online fundraising competition to raise funds for BCRC during October – National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can participate as an individual or as part of a team (max of 4 members per team).
We’ve also orchestrated Locally Pink Motivational Antics to encourage your supporters to donate to your campaign. The antics require someone associated with your campaign to make a bit of a spectacle of themselves – and, yes, we’re going to splash it all over Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
But don’t worry – if you think you can reach the goal without agreeing to the antics, you’re free to opt out and still compete for the prizes.
All proceeds will benefit the BCRC and provide concrete services to members of our community diagnosed with breast cancer. The money you raise will make a difference here – for women you might know.
Maybe she lives down the street; maybe she works in your office; maybe she’s your mother, your daughter, your sister, your wife. Maybe she’s your best friend. Maybe she’s you.
BCRC invites you to make an impact that matters locally...LOCALLY PINK!.
Locally Pink Challenge #1: "Color Me Locally Pink"
- Fundraising Goal #1: Between October 1-16 Teams/$2000 and Individuals/$500
- Motivational Antic #1: Dare your friends to help you reach this goal and either you or your proxy agrees to dye their hair hot pink to raise awareness for the cause
- Pink Prize #1: Those who reach the goal will win 8 tickets (per team)/2 tickets (per individual) to Scare for a Cure Haunt and Maze on Halloween 2013.
“Color Me Locally Pink” at Fenchy's Salon on Thursday, October 17 at 6:30pm
For those who meet Fundraising Goal #1 and participating in the Motivational Antic, BCRC is teaming up with Frenchy's Salon to dye your -or your proxy's- hair Locally Pink (actually we'll be using professionally applied hot pink hair extentions). And rest assured, we’ll have photographers on hand to capture the moment so you can post online to your Fundly fundraising page, Facebook, and Instagram.
Locally Pink Challenge #2: "Mr. Locally (Hot) Pink"
- Fundraising Goal #1: Between October 17-29 Teams/$2000 and Individuals/$500
- Motivational Antic #2: You’ll be supplied with a hot pink bra to decorate and accessorize as you wish. If your supporters help you reach this goal, you or your proxy (must be male) will spend Happy Hour modeling your Locally Pink Bra and competing for the title “Mr. Locally (Hot) Pink”
- Pink Prize #2: Those who reach the goal will win a $100/$25 bar tab for the Oct. 29th Locally Pink Male Review
Locally Pink Male Review & Grand Prize Awards at Speakeasy on Tuesday, October 29 from 6:30-9:00pm
- Hot Pink Male Review: Join us for Happy Hour at Speakeasy beginning at 7:00pm. Hot Pink Models will be seeking support from the crowd in the form of onsite donations. The model who raises the most money between 7:30pm-8:30pm, will be crowned “Mr. Locally (Hot) Pink” and receive a $100 Visa Gift Card.
- Grand Prize Awards: We’ll add the night’s donations to existing totals, complete a final tally, and at 9:00pm award the Grand Prizes to the Team and Individual who raised the most money during the Locally Pink campaign.
Grand Prize/Individual: Custom Cinelli Bicycle from Division One Bicycles
Grand Prize/Team: 8 VIP Runway Seats at Art Bra Austin 2014 – April 26, 2014
Plus, we’ll be awarding additional prizes throughout the month in a variety of categories: First Person to Raise $500, Most Supporters, Donation from Farthest Away, Largest Single Donation, Largest Number of Donations, and Most Money Raised within a Set Time Period.
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone directly, please contact Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.524.2470 x 106.